2am Traffic!

2am Traffic!
I get paid for sharing popular videos and really cool content! Now you can too - click on the banner to see how!

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Mountainous Waves





Opening up the hatch was like opening up Pandora's Box. 

The wind outside was gusting past 40 miles an hour and the howling of the wind in the sails and the huge monstrous waves crashing against the boat was frightening.



 I went outside feeling like I was entering a war. Immediately I found myself literally having to hold on for dear life as I had to CLIMB up the cockpit to reach the tiller. The boat was healed over 45% at least. I climbed into position and clicked my life tether in.



...The waves were huge 'mountains' all around me.

 I could see the next line of waves coming at us with cascading white foaming tops high on their peaks. All I could do was try and aim the boat for the least menacing waves.

 We headed down the trough and the world was lost all around me. Only the tremendous size of the waves surrounded me. I remember one dangerous looking one in particular that was steep and cresting and thinking that it would be all over if I was forced to take that wave on.

 ...At some point I began to notice that the waves were now coming from behind instead of aiming themselves at our bow.

Suddenly I looked behind and noticed a huge breaking white wave looming up behind me. I knew that if it caught up with us it would swamp the cockpit and tons of water would enter the boat. Already half a foot of water was in the cockpit floor, flowing back in forth with the motion of the boat...


...I tried my best to aim away from the wave that was looming from behind but it followed us like a guided missile and soon the boat rose up to its ugly white head. As soon as I expected the horrible drenching, suddenly the boat's stern rose right up on the white water - hardly letting an inch of water come in!..."


See the complete story here:


http://catalinagale.blogspot.com/2013/03/catalina-gale-part-viii-overlooking.html



Thanks for your comments!


~Albie

http://GodsBeautifulName.blogspot.com




Make RESIDUAL Income SHARING What YOU LOVE with a 2AM Traffic Blog! 

No comments:

Post a Comment